Friday, January 13, 2012

Paul's

I'm like a pigeon.

People pass me in the street.
They see me but they try to ignore me.
They prefer I wasn't in their city.

Everyone fights for position.
Everyone wants to be seen and heard.

I wasn't always like this.
I had a job. I had a home.
I had a family.

But the woman I loved fell out of love with me.
That broke my heart.

When the chance to be loved came along again,
I ran away from it.

I even stopped trusting people.
I was afraid of getting my heart broken again.
So I start to hide every truth about myself.

I'm just afraid if I do trust someone,
I'll get my heart broken.

Charles Chaplin once said,
'I always like walking in the rain,
so no one can see me crying.'

Sometimes you can trust a person
And then, when things are down,
They forget about you.

(Home Alone 2, 1992).

----------------------------------------------

Life is not easy, you'll have to face problems and involve in endless dramas.
You might have no directions and suggestions,
You might even have to make some wrong decisions.
And live with it. =/

------------------------------------------------

No offense,
But that seems like sort of a dumb thing to do.

Maybe they are just too busy.
Maybe they don't forget about you,
But they forget to remember you.

People don't mean to forget.
My grandpa says
'If my head wasn't screwed on,
I'd leave it on the school bus.'

I do understand.
I had a nice pair of Rollerblades.
I was afraid to wreck them,
So I kept them in a box.

Do you know what happened?
I outgrew them. I never wore them outside.
Only in my room a few times.
And I don't get to wear them now.

A person's heart and feelings are kind of the same thing.
If you won't use your heart, who cares if it gets broken?

If you just keep it to yourself, maybe it'll be like my Rollerblades.
When you do decide to try it, it won't be any good.

You should take a chance. Got nothing to lose.
Your heart might still be broken, but it isn't gone.

If it was gone, you wouldn't be this nice.

(Home Alone 2, 1992).

---------------------------------------------------

Would you put me on your reserve list?

When I look back on my life, I'm sure that
I'll regret the things I didn't do
More than the ones I did.

I guess you will never believe in forever anymore,
Nobody lives forever anyway.

Maybe there's another life.
But in this life,

Would you stay?
Or
Would you be the one that got away?


No comments:

Post a Comment